How about Golf in Puglia?
How about a round or two of golf in Puglia? There are a number of excellent golf course within easy drive of our Puglia holiday villas.
It may be too hot to play golf in Puglia in July and August for all but the keenest of golfers. If golf is part of your holiday plan consider the earlier and later months. April and May, September and October should offer perfect conditions. The winter months too.
Here we list just a few where you can play a round of golf. For more courses and more information about golf in Puglia check out websites like 1golf.eu.
Acaya Golf Club
You will find the Acaya Golf Club south or our two Puglia holiday villas, and east of Lecce. Located close to the fortified town of Acaya the Golf Club is 30 to 40 minutes drive from our villas. The resort is set in the midst of olive groves and the natural scrub vegetation typical to Mediterranean coastal regions.
The club offers an 18 hole, 71 par course that is just over 6000 metres long. It was described by Nick Trend, writing for the Telegraph as
most welcoming of the five Puglia options, with open fairways and receptive greens. It’s a good choice for golfers of more moderate ability, though it still presents a challenge off the back tees.
- Lessons can be booked with the Golf Pro, from 30 euros for half an hour, 60 euros for an hour.*
- Open every day from 1 April to 31 October. Closed on Mondays from 1 November to 31 March (except for public holidays).
- Telephone +39 0832 861378 (Office) ¦ +39 340 157602 (Golf Pro)
To the north of Brindisi and approximately 1 hours drive from our Puglia villa locations you will find the San Domenico Golf Club. Savelletri di Fasano is home to this championship golf club. Located close to the Adriatic coast it boasts stunning sea views and a testing sea breeze!
Green fees range from €30 to €80 for 9 holes in the low season, and from €95 to €150 for 18 holes in the high season*. Tee Times are available from 08.30 pm to 09.30 pm, depending on the availability.
- Golf Club San Domenico, Puglia, Italy | 72010 Savelletri di Fasano (Brindisi)
- Website : golfpuglia.it
- Phone: +39 0804829200
- GPS: 40.87468117188141, 17.39812742907816
North of Brindisi, south of Bari and inland from Mola di Bari, Barialto Golf Club is about 1 hour 15 minutes drive from our Puglia villa locations.
Open all the year round, the 18-hole golf course is varied. Winding through olive groves and around five lakes, the course is categorised as moderated to hard.
Green fees range from €30 to €40 for 9 holes, and from €45 to €60 for 18 holes. Under eighteens can play 18 holes for €20*.
- Golf Club Barialto, Casamassima, Bari Telephone +39 080 697 7105
- Website http://www.barialtogolfclub.it
Riva dei Tessali
18 hole championship course, just under 600 meters long. Par 71.
The Golf Academy offers individual and group lessons with video swing analysis, customised programs, golf clinics and strategy lessons.
- Golf Club Riva dei Tessali, Localita Riva dei Tessali, (74011), Castellaneta.
- Telephone +39 099-843-1844
- Website http://www.rivadeitessali.it
All prices correct at 4th October 2016. Please check individual websites for up to date prices*.